General Rules & Regulations for Girls’ Hostel
- The wards must remember that, the hostel is the home of the students on the campus & they should behave themselves on the campus as well as outside in such a manner so that dignity of the College is maintained.
Behavior & Discipline
- Wards are expected to display acceptable forms of behavior anywhere within the hostel compound and the College premises.
- Noise level, volume of music system, etc. must be kept low at all times.
- Ragging in any form are strictly prohibited.
- Strict disciplinary action will be initiated if ward is caught committing a crime or theft of any kind & the case may be referred to the Police for necessary action under IPC and ward may be expelled. Prior to expulsion, the ward will have to settle all outstanding charges.
- Wards shall dress in appropriate attire at all times within the hostel vicinity especially in Dinning area.
- Wards are not allowed to keep weapons & threatening items in their possession in the hostel and College premises.
- Possession and consumption of intoxicants and any kind of substance abuse is strictly prohibited in the hostel and College premises.
- Wards are solely responsible for their activities outside the College premises and should follow the acceptable norms of socio-legal behavior.
- All the wards will remain present at the time of Roll Call.
- Hostel Prefects are appointed to form a bridge between College Authorities and the students. From time to time they are given certain tasks/duties for the benefit of the students and the Wards of hostel. Every ward should cooperate with the Prefects to discharge their duties.
Maintenance of the Hostel
- Wards are responsible for the up-keeping, cleanliness and tidiness of their rooms at all times including the common areas in the Hostel, such as the lounge area, dining room and bathrooms for the convenience of the next users.
- A ward should check the fittings & fixtures in her room at the time of occupation. If there is any deficiency or inadequacy, it should be brought to the notice of the hostel staff. The ward shall be responsible for the fittings and fixtures of her room and shall see to it that they are in order at the time of handing over of the room when she leaves the hostel.
- Use of electrical appliances like heaters, hotplates, Induction, electric kettles etc, in the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
- All fans, light and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
- Placing of baggage/bags or unwanted items outside the room or anywhere in hostel except the allotted rooms is not allowed to avoid obstruction to other wards.
- Common Hostel furniture must not be moved from its existing position/place without the consent of the Hostel Authority.
- Alteration of furniture, fixtures etc. provided by Hostel authorities is strictly prohibited.
- Wards sharing common facilities within a room of the Hostel shall be liable for a joint payment towards the cost of repair or loss of facilities within the room in event of loss/ damage of the facility.
- All the hostel articles issued to the students must be returned to the Hostel Warden before the students leave their rooms. They shall be responsible for any loss. The loss, if any, shall be made good from the defaulters.
- The Hostel Management reserves the Rights to enter, inspect or spot checks the rooms in the interest of proper conduct of the wards, or the orderly and efficient administration and proper use of the rooms, or to maintain/repair the premises but only in the presence of the wards.
- Visitors are allowed into the visitor’s room area during the following visiting hours :-
- Monday to Saturday – 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.(Summer- April to September)
4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Winter- October to March)
- Sunday – 10.00 a.m. – 12.00 noon & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- All visitors must register at the Security Counter of Girls’ Hostel and provide all detail and documents for verification as requested by Lady Security Guard.
- No visitor shall be allowed to loiter around the Hostel vicinity except the visiting room.
- Visitors are NOT allowed to use the hostel facilities.
- Visitors are not permitted to stay overnight in the Hostel without the prior consent of the Matron / Warden / Hostel Management.
- Wards are not permitted to allow male visitors enter into their rooms at any time. The Hostel Section reserves the rights to expel any ward who do not comply.
- Engineers/ mechanics/masons/labors etc. other than authorized by college authorities shall not be allowed to enter the rooms in any case. Persons attending personal complaints of the wards, like repairs of computer, laptop or any other equipment are not allowed to enter into the rooms. All such type of complaints is to be attended in Visitors area only.
For the safety of all wards, the following rules are to be observed:
- Wards must return to the Hostel by 6.30 pm daily for their own safety.
- Ward who needs to stay out after the stipulated time must take prior permission from the Warden in the prescribed form available with the Warden office and sign a declaration of their purpose in writing well in advance (4 days). It is necessary to furnish the details like, their contact numbers, expected return time and their whereabouts during the allowed time.
- Wards are not allowed to stay outside the hostel overnight for their own safety.
- Ward who needs to stay outside the hostel can be permitted only if their parents or local guardian are with them. For this, parents or local guardian must make a declaration of their purpose; furnish their contact details and expected returns date and time. This permission is to be obtained from the Warden, in writing 4 days prior.
- Wards are responsible for all their personal belongings and valuable items like cell/mobile phone, laptop, computer, watches and money etc and should ensure that door and windows of their rooms are properly secured at all times. The College is not responsible for any loss of personal items.
- Wards are not permitted to change rooms or sleep anywhere other than in their allotted room without the consent of the Hostel Authority in writing.
- Wards shall not hand over the keys of her room to anybody except the warden of the hostel concerned.
- Employment of a private servant is not allowed in the hostel.
- Offering of payment / Tips, rewards, token of appreciation or gifts in any kinds for any services rendered by any worker of hostel is not allowed.
- Any cyber crime, indiscriminate imaging with mobile camera or digital camera, MMS etc will be taken very seriously and action shall be taken against wards found guilty of such activities.
- First aid Kit is available with lady guard.
- Any case of illness shall be reported to the Medical Officer / Hostel Authorities immediately.
- If necessary, the ward will be shifted to the hospital at the discretion of the Medical Officer.
- 24 x 7 ambulance service is available for all students.
Updates and Announcements
- Any new updates and announcements will be posted on the Notice Board only and the announcement of it will be made during prayer.
- Ward is advice not to paste any poster / announcement on the wall.
Termination of Hostel Facility
- Disciplinary action shall be initiated or Hostel facility shall be withdrawn at any point of time without giving any notice, if the ward is misusing the facility or not following the rules and regulations of the Hostel or found involved in any illegal activity anywhere inside/outside the hostel.
- Warden reserves the right to deny / withdrawn facility of the student(s) at any point of time without prior notice.